- 5 organic leeks
- 4 organic carrots
- 1 organic veg and 1 organic chicken stock cube (or 2 veg for vegetarian option)
- Himalayan Salt and organic black pepper
- Organic Sweet potato
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 3oz organic butter (pref from grass-fed cows)
- Prepare veg:
- slice the leeks
- crush and chop garlic
- peel and cube the sweet potato (1cm cubes)
- using a peeler, peel thin slices of the carrot, until you get to the watery stalk in the middle (only use the fleshy slices or your soup will get watery)
- Fry leeks, garlic and sweet potato in butter and wait till leeks soften
- Add enough boiling water to cover and add stock cubes
- Boil until sweet potato is soft
- Add carrots for last five minutes
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Blend and enjoy!
For other soups:
Using a soup base, you can create all sorts of nutritious soups in a similar method.
- 4 carrots
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion or leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 3oz butter
- 1 veg and 1 chicken stock cube
Prepare as above, then some examples:
- add mushrooms for mushroom soup (maybe a touch more garlic too, and stir some cream in after cooking)
- add broccoli, cauli, peas, for veg soup
- add butternut squash (same time as sweet potatoes and cook until soft) for carrot & butternut
- add butter beans for carrot and butterbean soup
- add peas and mint for pea and mint
- etc – use your imagination!
- For a tomatoey base, replace half or more of the boiling water with passatta!
- For anti-inflammatory properties, add a spoon of organic turmeric!
- Experiment with different spices and herbs, choosing those that may be relevant to any conditions.
- Remove some of the softened veg before blending and add them back in afterwards if you want some more texture!